1411 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95126 . 408-288-6814
Orly . Tobias . Sefa . Jr Ayala. Mel. Chris G. Josh Hartley. Matthew Hamlet
www.hbtat2.com / www.humblebeginningstattoo.com
WANT TO GET A TATTOO?
Welcome to Humble Beginnings Tattoo Studio. We provide custom tattoos in a clean and sterile environment. Although most of the artists are by appointment only, we may be able to take walk-in appointments if an artist is available that day.
Setting up an appointment:
1. Choose an artist. If you're not sure what artist to go to, come to the shop and browse through the portfolios. Every artist has their own style so it's important that you choose someone that fits your needs.
2. Set-up a consultation appointment. Bring in your ideas or references so that the artist can create a custom design that suits you. The artist will quote you a price based on the size and detail of your tattoo. A non-refundable deposit will be required and will go toward your first tattoo appointment.
3. Set-up an appointment for your tattoo. Depending on the artwork, you may need to come in a few weeks before your appointment to review the drawing.
4. Get tattooed! If it's a big tattoo, you may need to set up multiple sessions and will need to allow at least 2 weeks in between each session for the tattoo to heal.
5. Take care of your tattoo! Tattoos usually take at least 2 weeks to heal. On the day you get tattooed, you will need to remove the bandage or wrap and wash the tattoo thoroughly with soap and warm water. Apply a thin layer of ointment over the tattoo for 3 - 4 days (e.g. Aquaphor or Neosporin) and then lotion for another 2 weeks (e.g. Eucerin or Lubriderm). During this time, no sunbathing, no swimming and no wading in the river! It's going to get itchy but try to not scratch it.
If you have any questions or concerns, call us at 408-288-6814. We ask that you be patient with us as we are not always able to answer phone calls or reply back to voicemails.
We at Cukui and Humble Beginnings always push forward the core values of community and friendship in all we do. For this month’s art gallery we are making this a special night to help out a friend and talented tattoo artist, Steve Looney. Having been diagnosed with liver disease five years ago Steve has been fighting this hindrance every step of the way, not allowing it to stop him from living a full life. Just last year his liver started to fail and Steve had to undergo a liver transplant on August 30th 2009. Though Steve’s life was spared he and his family are still dealing with the financial issues that come with such operations. Cukui, Humble Beginnings Tattoo, and Steve’s friends have all pulled their talents to showcase art for his cause. Steve will also be in attendance so you will be able to hear his story first hand. 80% of the proceeds from the artwork sold from this show will go to Steve. Lets be generous!
So come on out and bring your friends and family for a night of culture, community, and great people. And also come out and enjoy all the other art showcases going around the area. Japantown is poppin’.
Event info and location:
November 12, 2010
Cukui Flagship Store
229 Jackson St (Japantown)
SJ, CA 95112